The English Language Acquisition District-wide Advisory Committee (ELA DAC) is a monthly meeting to inform ELA parents about topics that concern them and improve dialog with DPS. The ELA DAC promotes academic partnerships and leadership through interactive sessions that bring together families from across the district to enhance their advocacy skills at home, school, and district level.
Join us at our next ELA DAC to learn how you can get the most out of your ELA DACs, ELA PACS, and SEAL OF BILITERACY!
Saturday, September 22, 2018
Manual High School – 1700 E 28th Ave., Denver, CO 80205
8:00 am – 2:00 pm
ELA DAC Sessions: The ELA DAC will be part of 11 workshops at the FACE University. The ELA DAC is a one-hour-duration-session and it will be repeated three times a day.
9:30 am to 10:30 am (English with Interpretation available)
10:30 am to 11:30 am (Spanish only)
11:40 am to 12:00 pm (Spanish only)
Know the purpose of Parent Advisory Committees (PACs) and District-wide Advisory Committees (DACs) and how you can get involved. Understand ELA Program requirements and how the ELA Program benefits your child. Learn about the Seal of Biliteracy and how your child can earn this important distinction on their diploma
What topics will be offered?
Parents will have the opportunity to select up to three sessions
- English Language Acquisition District Advisory Committee (ELA DAC)
- FACE University 101: Navigating the Educational System
- Transportation | Food Services | School Choice | Parent Portal
- College and Career: New Graduation Requirements
- School Governance
- Social Emotional Learning
- Student Depression and Student Anxiety
- Special Education | Gifted and Talented
- Black Minds Matter-Black Families Matter
- Volunteer Services
- Title 1
- Resource Fair and much more…
Online: Click Here
Join us in our dynamic and interactive FACE University. Choose from a variety of topics to learn important and effective educational information, strategies, and resources to help support your children’s academic, social, and emotional growth!