Published July 24, 2017
Every year, Superintendent Tom Boasberg hosts the Superintendent Parent Forums in collaboration with the Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) and the English Language Acquisition Department. The parent forum has been a great way for the Superintendent to communicate and connect with schools and parents district-wide.
The Superintendent Parent Forum includes the English Language Acquisition District Advisory Committee (ELA DAC), which provide parents of the more than 40,000 DPS students who speak languages other than English an opportunity to engage with district leadership on important issues.
• September 20th at National Western Complex – 4655 Humboldt St, CO 80216 (Central Location)
TIME: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Please, click on the link to download flyer:
• November 1st at Crowne Plaza Hotel – 15500 E 40th Ave., Denver, CO 80239 (Far Northeast)
• December 13th at New Hope Baptist Church – 3701 Colorado Blvd., Denver CO 80205 (Near Northeast)
• February 8th at Temple Emanuel – 51 Grape St., Denver, CO 80220 (Southeast)
• May 3rd at PPA Event Center – 2105 Decatur St., Denver, CO 80211 (Southwest – Northwest)
Interpretation, meals, and childcare (age 3-12) is provided at no cost to participants.
For more information:
Specialist, Family Empowerment and Engagement Operations | ELA Family Priority Focus
(720) 423-3135 | FACE_Events@dpsk12.org
The TNLI (Transitional Native Language Instruction) program supports students’ native language development as they learn English so that students become bilingual and biliterate.